Gen Con Special
Mix and match any Escape Tales games!
Buy 2, get 1 FREE
Buy 1, get 1 50% OFF
Type: escape room, immersive story, no timing, replayable
Playtime: 450+ min
Designers: Jakub Caban, Bartosz Idzikowski
Artists: Jakub Fajtanowski
Escape Tales: The Awakening is a story driven escape room in card game form, with immersive exploration, no time limits when solving puzzles, and a collection of tough choices that will captivate and draw you deeply into a riveting story set in a dark and mysterious world. Children of Wyrmwoods is the third entry in the Escape Tales product line — a standalone story that can be played and enjoyed without previous ownership of or familiarity with either Escape Tales: The Awakening or Escape Tales: Low Memory. All you need for a full, satisfying, narrative, and challenging experience is already here!
Your name is Gilbert, and you have spent your whole life in a small town, its walls surrounded by an unsettling, aggressive, and dark wilderness. The woods outside the city walls are home to Wyrmvines, hybrids of plants and animals fused into a deadly abomination by a long forgotten, blasphemous sorcery.
The town is safe … for the time being. However, you find little joy here, as you are no more than a drifter, a man with no family, no home, and no place in the world. All you have is what happiness you share with Sevillia – the only person in this misty town that sees you as more than yet another homeless wretch.
Yet, powers you know little about plot to claim the smallest measure of comfort which destiny has not yet taken away from you. For what lies beyond the town walls calls upon you and tugs at the strings of your fate in ways both subtle and irresistible. The time of grueling trials draws near. Be ready!
What this new game brings to the line:
- More cards with even more riddles!
- A character progression system based on your choices!
- An original dark fantasy setting, previously unexplored in the series!
- A non-linear and complex narrative making your path unique!
- New category of cards: useful items that will help you on your journey into darkness!
- An engaging story with multiple endings: The story in this game will twist your emotions, evaluate your moral compass, and keep you engaged until the very end. Every choice has a different impact on the story: puzzles you solve, the paths you take, decisions you make, all of these will shape your story differently and will have an impact on the ending.
- 60+ different endings and varied character progression.